Saturday, February 5, 2011

Don't Use That Tone With Me

Recently I was presenting to a group of Junior High teachers. The topic? Introducing students to Tone and Mood. Tone is defined as the author's intention towards a character or something. Mood is the feeling an audience or reader gets from the author's piece.

I was specically intrigued by the recent explosion of mashups and recut versions of movie trailers. Here is an example from the Shining.

The Original Trailer




Now here is the recut version as... get this...a ROMANTIC COMEDY!



What a great way to present these terms to students.

You can also see this effect in songs.

Check out this common song.


And you can't deny a change in tone and mood with this one.



Until Next Time,
Lit Maven Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Its all in the Jeans

This week I can wear jeans all week to work. This means I can feel like I am working from home, even though I am not. But let's be...