Wednesday, December 27, 2017

The Secret to Getting Things Done



I came across this phrase yesterday..."half the battle".

Here are some definitions of Half the Battle.

1. to be the most difficult part of a process so that once you have finished this part, you have almost succeeded (Cambridge dictionary)2. a significant part of an effort. (McGraw-Hill Dictionary)



This got me to thinking...

The difference between starting and finishing is this formula:

Half the Battle + 1 = Finished

This means that if you can get the first half done (whatever the hard part is) and a "scootch" more...then it is smooth sailing to the finish.

So essentially, if you can figure out a system, an easy routine, a habit for the first half (plus 1) of what you want to accomplish you can...finish what you start.

What does this look like? I actually haven't thought that far yet...but it gets me wondering. I will check back soon.

How about you? What is half your battle to accomplishing great things?

Until Next Time,
Lit Maven Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Its all in the Jeans

This week I can wear jeans all week to work. This means I can feel like I am working from home, even though I am not. But let's be...