Friday, July 29, 2011

Idea Overload: Here's Some Help




I am one of those people that has too many ideas...I am sure some of you are rubbing your eyes saying..."Oh boohoo, Lit Maven."

Yes, I should feel blessed...but no... I feel so overwhelmed by them. Even the notion that I could never develop all of them puts me into a cold sweat.

But...after searching I have come across some helpful resources that I would like to share with you. Here is one of my favorites!

Do More Great Work By Michael Bungay Stanier. The book has a series of exercises that help you to decide what your Great Work is. Please watch the video, The Alchemy of Great Work, to understand the concept of bad work, good work and great work.


Then there is a series of exercises to actually make a decision on which idea is the best to work on. The book can be found at bookstores and libraries. If you register on his site, you get the graphic organizers that come with the book for FREE.

I am really impressed with the Do Great Work interviews such as: Seth Godin and Neil Pasricha....Even if the subject seems to be far from your 9 to 5 job there are always some Universal ideas to relate to.

In addition to the interviews...Michael gives the best introductions I have ever heard.

So if you are like me...or not like me...check it out!

Until Next Time,
Lit Maven Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Its all in the Jeans

This week I can wear jeans all week to work. This means I can feel like I am working from home, even though I am not. But let's be...