Thursday, April 15, 2010

Literacy Junkie! Time to Rehab Your Collection


IMG00061-20100408-1831
Originally uploaded by LitChick35
Last week we had a vortex of garbage spiraling around the city. I snapped this pic of a tree outside a cafe, with 6 bags hanging off the branches. SO...this brings me to my point. DO you really need those files of "just in case" activites hanging off your literacy tree? Is it possible you could be a paperless teacher? Here's a strategy:
Put a sticky on every activity file you look through. At the end of the year check for the stickies...no stickie, no keepie!
I think we need to get away from the just in case. Ever move classrooms? Do we really need all that stuff?

Until next time...
Lit Maven OUT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Its all in the Jeans

This week I can wear jeans all week to work. This means I can feel like I am working from home, even though I am not. But let's be...